Citizens’ Zuidas Platform (BPZ)
The platform represents over 20 organizations each with varying expertise. It monitors all plans and developments in Zuidas and neighbouring areas and also monitors disconcerting building activities.
- Monitors decisive processes;
- Participates in decisive processes;
- Provides information to citizens, consumer organizations, Zuideramstel Borough Council, and local representative bodies;
- Organizes meetings;
- Consults Zuideramstel Borough Council and the Municipality of Amsterdam;
- Monitors traffic and transport, rainwater storage, parks and foliage.
Meetings and publications
- Monthly Platform meetings;
- Regular conferences with Zuidas project organizations and Amsterdam City Council;
- Meetings with experts;
- Weekly e-mail newsletter (in Dutch) sent to 400 readers;
- Publishing information on our website;
- Publishing articles in local newspapers.
- BPZ’s proposal for a 50/50 mix of housing and offices has been accepted;
- The number 5 tramline promoted to Zuidas area main line;
- Environmental balance: replacing all cut down trees;
- Exploit every opportunity to influence decisive processes.
A.J. Ernststraat 112
1082 LP Amsterdam
020 – 6 44 99 36
Open: Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.00 – 12.00